- 1¾ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pumpkin (canned)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup melted butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer at medium-high speed, mix together oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk until combined.
- Pour dry ingredients into liquid ingredients and mix on low speed until moistened. Do not over mix.
- Fill each donut reservoir with about 2 tablespoons of batter.
- Bake about 4 to 5 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into donut comes out clean.
- Melt butter in a small bowl and combine the sugar and cinnamon in a paper bag.
- While donuts are still hot, dip each one in melted butter, then shake in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to add topping.
Yields approximately 24 donuts