- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir dry ingredients together in mixing bowl. Add egg, buttermilk, vegetable oil and vanilla. Using a mixer on medium speed, blend until smooth.
- Fill each cooking reservoir with about 2 tablespoons of batter.
- Bake about 4 to 5 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into donut comes out clean.
- Glaze or coat with powdered sugar, as desired.
Makes approximately 28 donuts
Tip: If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, pour 2¼ teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar into a glass measuring cup. Add milk to equal ¾ cup. Allow to stand 5 to 10 minutes, then use in place of buttermilk in this recipe.